View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: General guidelines to a winning LAg/Maniac style? (NC)

First of all, the number one key is good post flop play. Loose play works very well when your oponents are easy to read and you are good at reading them. Push people off their hands when they are weak, value bet as thin as your LAG image lets you, get away cheaply when you are beat.

If you can't do the stuff above, you should not play very loose. Therefore, start out tight, while you are learning.

As for a how to: If people limp lightly and fold the flop unless they flop TP or better, raise a lot of crap with position and take down pots. If the pot hasn't been opened, and you are in LP, raise with a lot of crap and take down the blinds or play a pot with position. Call raises with lots of crap if you either think there are great implied odds, or if you think there is a good chance to take the pot down with a delayed bluff or a flop raise. (But stay away from the hands that are easilly dominated, and be careful of calling too many raises OOP.) Reraise aggressive raisers with a lot of crap and either take it down preflop or with a flop bet. (This is a very good play against players like me, if you are an unknown to me. I will call the raise because of implied odds against your "AA", and fold the vast majority of flops.)

Don't just play aggressive preflop and on flop. If you sense weakness on turn, fire. If you see something that you think is a blocking bet (say you hold JTo, board is Ts9s5c8d2s, tight, unimaginitave player who raised utg has bet all streets, and now he bets half pot with enough for a 2/3 pot raise left in your stacks. You push.)

And play your good hands aggressively to take advantage of the image.

And don't bluff calling stations.