View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Miniraising preflop

alright, let me be the first to point out that i highly doubt anyone "outright hates" you for mini-raising pre-flop

and to post an response to your question

have you ran into anyone that has noticed you will mini-raise with hands as low as ATo, or T9s (from some of your hands posted), and have they been actively re-raising you pre-flop? once i see someone mini-raising pre-flop or post-flop, i see what they show down, and most of the times, i'm re-raising them pre-flop with a lot more than just AA-QQ, AK (so you might "save more" against aces .....or you might have just folded to 55)

how do you deal with that? i think thats an argument for the mini-raising NOT controlling the pot size, as a mini-raise just opens up the betting for another re-raise. for example, say in a 10/20 game you open up to 40. guy behind you opens up to 120, now the pot is a lot bigger. then say instead you just limped in. the guy behind you doesnt open up to 120 now, but instead opens up to 100.

i dont understand why you advocate "pot control" with mini-raises, yet youre already inflating the pot OOP with hands like AT and T9s