View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: QJs - think I went a little crazy.

I'd rarely raise preflop with that hand. Way too aggressive, except possibly to mix things up. You probably don't need to mix things up at the 50 cent game. Once you have raised, you are locked into calling the reraise.

Betting the flop is normal enough.

The turn action is bothersome. You might not have reraised on the turn. (Although it may not have mattered; they might have finished capping it anyway.)

I'm just calling the river. Once again, you might be forced to call four bets anyway. Pay it off, crying all the way. I would have to KNOW that your opponents weren't idiots in order to muck it. You probably don't KNOW this. Maybe BB shows you QcJc and MP2 shows you As9s. Stranger things have happened. This wouldn't be the way I played either of their hands, but people at the 50 cent game will play a lot worse than this.

You will win surprise hands like this often enough at these limits to justify paying them off. I used to throw these away...because I absolutely HAD to be beaten. Then the opps would show junk and I'd be steaming.