View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Deep stack KK How\'d I do?

[ QUOTE ]
SB ($2830)
me (more $)

6 handed, I open (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) for $35 on button, SB reraises to $135, BB folds, I call

8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot $280)
SB bets $200, I call

8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](pot $680)
chk chk

8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](pot $680)
SB bets $400, I call

basically I need a good line when deep stacked. Seems like when I play deep I'm always worried about pot control and very fearful of getting stacked or getting check-raise bluffed off the best hand. How do people play deepstack poker? I need some general tips. Links to other posts would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think there was some comment from doyle saying, bet when you think it's the best option available and deal with check raises after they happen instead of worrying about them before firing. otherwise, i think opponents will partially have crippled you and you'll lose a lot of value.

in this situation, stacks are deep enough that he doesn't have to suspect you have KK or a premium holding in this spot. once he checks that turn, i think you're good to go to fire, charge a backdoor or a gutshot from getting there, and taking control of the aggression in the hand. if he check raises, so be it, play poker.

main idea i think, is to bet, and then play poker when the situation arises.