View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Glocks Are OK........But get a..............

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of the Springfield that was made like the glock but more safetys?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I hate safeties. They're pointless. A double action trigger + decocker is all the safety you need in an automatic. I suppose if you're going to get a mini gun to carry in your pocket you might want a safety.

Really, if you haven't fired a P226, go down to your local range and rent one. Fantasticly accurate and reliable. The take-down lever is amazingly simple. Lock the slide, flip the lever, and the gun comes apart in your hands in under 1 second. Easiest gun to clean and maintain you'll ever find. Goes back together just as quickly.

I actually have two Spanish made knockoffs of the P226, manufactured by Astra/Star, the A100. I love them. 10/11 headshots at 22 yards. The A100 isn't made anymore (the company went under, their tooling was bought and they have re-emerged but aren't making the A100 now), but you can get a used one online for $200-$300. It's superior to the original P226 is that the 9mm version packs 17+1 rounds where the P226 only packs 15+1 (the take-down lever is also on the other side):