Thread: Squeeze with AA
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Squeeze with AA

at first glace i think i would have donked this turn. if the button is aggressive as he looks he will probably raise your donk bet and drive out the big blind. the pot is big enough i'd like to thin the field and to me this is the best way to do it. if you go for the check raise the button and big blind may already be in for one and neither will fold to your check raise in all likelihood so you aren't protecting your hand and you're opening yourself up to being three bet. then again these guys may be in psycho mode in which case you want as many bets in there as possible. that being said the check raise move is going to maximize the money in the pot for sure. your only fear is did one of these guys play a 2 somehow or did they have pocket jacks. given the preflop action i would think a 2 is not likely. so you should be most concerned with jj in my opinion and that would probably be more likely from the button given the preflop action. i'd say against most aggressive 70/30 types pump as much money in there as possible on the turn. so i like your decision to go for the check raise. i think the button would have played aa, kk, qq, jj, and aj this same way preflop and on the flop so that only one of these five holdings beats you. again supporting the check raise.