Thread: when do i stop?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: when do i stop?

[ QUOTE ]
this has led me to thinking what party would be like if there was unlimited raiseing heads up and how it would effect your earn rate, 50bb pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

without a doubt.

crypto has unlimited heads-up raising like this and sometimes it can get really wacky.

cubswin posted a low-limit ($2 bets or something I guess) 7-card stud hand where I think both players were on 4th street with virtual crap and had raised it to $34 and $36 dollars or something like that.

I've had a few hands on crypto where I was pretty happy they had the unlimited, heads-up raising...although nothing in the department of the huge 50x-raises you dream about.

What sometimes happens:
3/6 game...player is steaming and has $42 left on the river or something...he's half-way planning on leaving anyway out of frustration...and half-way just wants to do a hail-mary...so he just keeps raising and re-raising until he has $0.
It's sometimes a tricky read...but if I think the opponent is fishy and tilting and just trying to leave then I will re-raise all the way with some semi-marginal stuff (considering the situation) sometimes.