View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: A conversation w/ daryn re: being a teacher

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this career is for daryn. Of course, I've never met him, so I'm only going with my read from the tone of his posts. I think he would quickly tire of the dimwitted and their neverending bs excuses. I could see him liking it if he got some good classes (honors/AP physics), but that isn't likely to happen initially.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. i always picture myself in a class full of smart kids who want to learn about physics. i also know that this situation is completely ideal and not customary

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably why you would want to be a college prof. Another thing to consider is actually teaching jr high science. You can still have a life being a jr high teacher, and the requirements for teaching may not be as stringent. I have a friend back in IL who is a teacher at my old jr high, and he just has a education degree, it may be different in mass though. Of course, IIRC, you are about my age, so you still have plenty of time to do more schooling to get a masters and a phd if you want to go the college route