View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Need Life Advice Bad

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just smart. I'm not a genuis, but if you just plain smart then you are successful at most anything you do. It has a lot of numbers and logic, which are my strong suits. Most of my co-workers are just rich spoiled kids, how hard can it be to outperform them.

I've only ever actually been in one situation where I wasn't at the top of the curve, and that was in genuis high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're exactly describing my experience with Networking - being a "genius" isn't head knowledge per se, like who is the king of so and so in 1628, but it's analytical and rational thinking and problem solving - it's how quickly can you find the answer when you have no info right now.

That's why all IQ tests are written in such a way that it's nearly impossible to solve them in the alloted time - they can not only see how many you got right, but how many in a limited time period - this measures your real IQ - the more you can get done, because you're doing and finding quicker solutions to problems then other people.

It's hard to explain to other people how that works or how you're good at stuff, but it's really just like figuring out how to ride a bike, but with Ethernet packets or spreadsheets, in your case.

While you're at it, see if you qualify for MENSA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB