View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Comment on Miller\'s Editorial

[ QUOTE ]

A 30/60 player earning 1.5BBs/hr playing 40 hours/wk, 50 weeks per year would not earn $200K, and I suspect that VERY few 30/60 players can sustain that win rate over such a grueling schedule. I believe that earning $200K/yr would place you among the very top echelon of professional players--far from "no big deal" earnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of the big winners who do make over 200K a year don't really come on 2+2 and talk about it. I'm also fairly convinced that a lot of people are underestimating how many players do make this kind of money.

Like people have said earlier a 30/60 player can easily make this much simply by multitabling. Even if you were a mediocre 1BB/100 hand winner you will reach the 200K mark just by playing enough tables and enough hands throughout the year.

If you read the mid/high forums on a regular basis you will see there are lots of people who play 8 tables of 30/60 at a time and many more who do more than that. Also if you can play 8 tables of 30/60, moving to the 100/200 games and beyond to the 300/600 games are not that much of a big deal. Simply because there aren't that many 300/600 games to be played online to begin with. Add up the numbers and it can get staggering.

And no, making 200K a year does not (in my mind) place you on the top echelon of poker players. My personal opinion is that it's not that difficult.

Oh btw, I do believe that it is much easier for a younger player with fewer expenses to continually move up. If you are married with kids with a lot of commitments and expenses I believe it's fairly difficult to move up to a point where you're making outrageous money. Most of what you make will go to paying bills and luxury items.

For a younger player with not too much expenses he/she could just never touch his/her bankroll and use it to move up in limits all the time.