Thread: 99
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: 99

pf- easy no-raise. do you want overcards getting 8.5-1 going to the flop to give them the odds to draw to their 6 outers? if you do, you need to understand you maximize their mistakes postflop by keeping this pot small, especially given relative position. that's where we make money right? from their mistakes? either they call unprofitably in an unraised pot, or they fold; either is great for us.

flop- i bet and 3 bet b/c their is enough coordination on this board that he is drawing(plus it is paired which means it helped fewer combos anyway). 3 bet is easy because, for that one more sb you can possibly get it heads up, which is undoubtably a much better scenario for your hand and a small investment compared to the pot equity increase you would experience.

turn- nice scare card. lead with a tentative value bet for your likely best hand.

river- good chance only a better hand calls a bet here. for that reason i check and maybe induce 55-88 or a busted draw to bet at it. plus it would suck to get raised here.