View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Corporate Greed Changing Face of Online Poker Forever

"Unregulated monopolies like utilities excepted?" In the US? They're heavily (and illogically) regulated, government guaranteed monopolies actually. In fact, monopolies are pretty much a myth, except for those created by government. Microsoft? Not without competition, and they'll lose out eventually. Remember the government's antitrust case against IBM? Settled after IBM was no longer a monopoly... due to natural competition. Monopolies are fleeting in capitalism. The only ones that last are the ones created by government.

And what's this about Party eliminating bonuses? I never heard that. I think my affiliate link still gives 20%.

And Party lost value because of their growth warning, not because of anything to do with Empire.

And Empire's the best-run company in the business. Declining share price doesn't change that. Stop complaining about the share price. Do you hold it? I hope they stay independent, or are a buyer (e.g. Playtech), because in the long run the best management will produce the most valuable company. I'd hate to see Empire's talent working for the people at Party... unless Party has the sense to put the Empire people in charge of marketing... or everything.