View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: the line between inducing bluffs / weak bets and protecting your h

[ QUOTE ]
ask your self here are you willing to go broke here with one over card on the board?if you answer yes,then you should push here because there is a good chance that villan is just bluffing and he would fold to your push

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty bad advice. If villain is bluffing, then making him fold would be stupid. If he has an ace he is probably calling a push. The only reason to push would be if you thought villain had a flush draw and wanted to charge him to draw. If villain does not have a flush draw, we are either behind, or villain has 5 outs or less. So, if we don't think villain has a flush draw, the best option is to call because it allows us to get our chips in against hands that have us beat AND hands that we beat. If we push, we only get chips in against hands that have us beat.

To OP: In hand I would raise preflop, bet flop, check/raise flop, bet turn, yada yada yada. I would be trying to put money in the pot with AK. I agree that your stack size makes playing a missed AK out of position difficult, but I think you have too much hand to check here.

In hand 2, I think I would just push after the limper. I know you wanted action with your KK, so if I made this raise it would be with the intention of going broke on the flop no matter what, so given that, your postflop play is fine with me.