View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Is checking out \"unethical\"?

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thinks it is a disgrace that a poker room would expect the people at the table who came to have a good time to enforce unwritten rules... write the rule down and have the dealer enforce it if a room thinks this is a problem. I see this is a rule at some rooms but if it not a rule people should feel free to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be my last comment on the subject, because I agree with scrapperdog 100%. If a room wants to make checking out illegal/inappropiate/improper/unethical -- whatever you want to call it -- it should be clearly stated in their rules. I am fine with that. The fact that I have never seen a written rule making checking out "wrong", I stand by my opinion that it is an appropriate action (in turn).

Also, since hands can be killed in so many ways -- purposely and accidently -- it must also be made clear that repeated improper kills (of any kind) will be penalized...

By the way, short of kicking him out, how do you penalize a player in a cash game where they have already relinquished their right to the pot in question?