View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: OP on Low Flop with Gut Shot Draw

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font> Hero Limps, Button Raises 1BB, Small Blind calls, Big Blind calls, Hero Calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to 4BB here. Villain will probably either call or maybe even raise. Either way, blinds probably fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB raises 5BB, Hero Calls, Button Raises to 15BB, SB Folds, BB calls, Hero Raises 40BB, Button Calls, BB Folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about this. You got BB to fold out, but if you were already planning to raise to 40, why not do it after BB and give villain a chance to fold too?

If you're just calling BB, then I would probably just call villain's raise here and plan to make a large bet on a turn blank.

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Anyway regarding the hand, what would be your next move on the turn, the pot is now $114 and we both have $80 left, I'm completely lost here as villian/button is such a loose player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to see how the 3s really helped villain. Even someone that loose doesn't get this far on only an backdoor flush draw.

As played, I probably bet at least $50 or just push, although I'm not really happy about it. If you had raised BB on the flop and villain cold-called anyway, we could be more confident about his possible holdings. As it played out, he was getting close to 5:1 on his $25 call and so was probably correct to call with many hands.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that he's on a draw, but could easy be trapping with an already made straight??

[/ QUOTE ]

With a T7o? Is he really that loose?

Its always hard to tell with these guys, but my guess is that he was holding K7, A7, or an overcard-ten. It doesn't help that you have this guy on your left; I much prefer to have him on the right so that I can raise to isolate.