View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: What to do with my life (need advice bad)?

I've worked hard all my life. I worked very hard in school. I worked and went to school in high school. When I did my first internship I worked so hard I had to go to the doctor because I was coughing up blood, he said it was from overwork. Made me take time off. I don't think laziness is the factor here.

As I said, I've ALWAYS made the responsible decision. I always studied instead of partied, I was always polite instead of rude, I always did my fair share when I didn't have to. I'm just not sure what that has gotten me.

I never had any interest in this field. I never even applied for my first internship, my Aunt just called me one day and told me to go for an interview. I turned down having them pay part of my college if I went to work for them.

I can't look for another job while working there. If they call for a reference, I'll be fired the next day. It isn't worth thier time to train me if I'm gonna be out the door the next day. So if I'm gonna do anything else, I'm gonna have to quit. As for similair jobs, I just hate finance in general.

The other thing is, I don't like the people who work in finance. They are all very shallow. We have none of the same hobbies. I find it hard to be friends with them.

The other job I considered when I was young was politics. I worked for an NYC councilmen and on a congressional campaign. But working in politics is different from talking about politics or policy. Its mostly dirty and scummy. Driving around trying to "expose" the other guy. All sorts of other stuff. Unless your actually setting policy your mostly just trashing the other guy or churning out propoganda for a living.