View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNLHE?: 22

I hate raising 22 here, for a lot of the reasons mentioned in this thread.

I complete/fold with 22, or complete/call if I think I have implied odds on a set -- i.e., if the villain will bluff to the river, or if villain will put in a lot of chips if he hits a pair.

Raising this OOP seems silly to me, because 22 is absolutely useless on more than 85% of flops. You are very rarely going to have more than 2 outs if you miss, and your attempt to steal the pot on the flop is going to need to be much bigger because of the preflop raise.

Standards get lowered in blind battles -- which may help you get paid off when you have a set, but will also get you in very uncomfortable biggish pots where villain won't fold his middle pair because he doesn't believe you. How far are you willing to follow through with a bluff on a missed flop?

I see no need to play a pot here. Complete the SB. If he checks, lead out on any flop... for the size of the pot, a measly 2BB.

EDIT: for an example of how you can end up in an overly big pot with an underpair and no idea of where you are in the hand, see OP. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]