View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Why demand logic?

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to say that there will be NO ONE in that religion that truely believes his own religion?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, if the religon requires believing the unbelievable then it must be that no-one believes it.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand this analogy, since it doesn't matter at all if it's playable or unplayable according to YOUR definitions. To keep the analogy, we are clearly talking about games that people (by the billions!) do play. You are saying it is unplayable, they are saying it is. What can you do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]
They are playing a different game, one that is logical (playable).

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we heading towards a conversation about cruet sets with no holes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You call it "cruet with no holes", for someone else (or even for yourself!) it might serve as a very useful tool for some different purpose, or just as an art work he loves. Who knows? What is the sense in criticizing completely different uses, i.e, games?

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't know how happy this makes me. However, if it has no holes it is not a cruet set, whatever you use it for and whatever you call it.

chez