View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: This whole hand felt weird

Would button reraise Axs to the preflop steal? It seems to me like he could easily play A8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this way. I don't know if it's in his hand range however. I also wouldn't put KJ or KQ past him.

If these hand ranges are possible then I think I'd prefer a bet/call on the river. If you bet the river and he has a worse Ace, it could look to him like like you had a strong King that you didn't want checked through, therefore he is quite likely to raise a worse Ace. If he has some sort of hand with a King in it, it might look to him like you have a weak Ace due to your calldown mode. He would probably check behind with it, but also call if you bet.

I seem to think that you should be getting three bets in on the big streets (or at least more than one if he is going to check behind on the river). You shouldn't open yourself up to anything fancy on the turn, so the river seems the best place to bet out IMO. You said they don't suck, but I feel your nut trips is ahead here enough of the time to bet this.