View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Do I call with AKo

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't even remotely difficult. If you had QQ, or even KK, there might be a discussion here.

Fold.

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG had been playing normal or loose this would be an auto call for me but with his quite tight image and the blinds on smallish stacks i'm not too sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a fold regardless. Are you the wally who called me with TT on the bubble the other day when I had you covered by almost 3k, with a guy on 200 chips, at 200/400 blinds, and the 200 chips guy wasn't even at the table, but on post and fold? And another (definite 2+2er) on the table on around 1k? If so.. then call and keep giving everyone else your $EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could well have been me. Two days ago I pushed in a scenario like that. In the beginning, at the bubble I had about 400 chips and the disconnected player (unfortunately he sat to my right) had about 3000. I rebuilt my stack to about 1800 while the disconnected went down orbit for orbit.

Then, the disconnected player was in BB, I did not know how much he exactly had left because on Stars you can't see it, you have to calculate it. I got greedy with TT and wanted to snap his 400. As soon as the big stack called I said to myself "sh1t!" and he showed AA. The disconnected got blinded out in the next hand being the SB.

I just shook my head. Oh, and the discussion between the remaining two players about my boneheadedness was also nice.