View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Bad run. PT stats. Telling?

i've always hovered from 22-24%, but that's just me; fullring numbers in the vicinity of 21/6/2.5

maybe you're firing too many second shells and not allowing people the comfort level necessary to demonstrate their holdings while simultaneously pot-committing yourself with AK miss

which is fine when they have nothing, but in fullring people have pairs, and those pairs get played

or maybe people started sitting back on you and now you're figuring out how to play TAG

i don't see how you can have those stats and, even with players sitting back on you, still manage to lose at that rate without spewing

it doesn't take much
say, 3 hands (look at AQ/bigpairs EP/AK button for starters) and 2 positional errors (opening utg, highjack are usual culprits), then misvaluing 5% of the time on the flop would be enough to create a problem of this scale

alternately, fewer pf errors then misvaluing 2.5% of the time, then making proportionally larger errors on the turn would also do it

it's also possible that you weren't nearly as good as your previous results indicated, and are now being hunted by players who have figured you out

if you haven't done so and feel it necessary, i'd change ids and hide from the search function

that said, it should be noted that your sample is microscopic and you could simply be running horribly