View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Exact Chip Counts of the Raymer vs. Kanter hand?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. Varkonyi? Correctly played hands? Do these phrases go together? How about blind luck at the most opportune time of his life?

[/ QUOTE ]

He won didn't he? I'll let IndyJoe elaborate. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geesh, my point with Hachem is that you certainly CAN WIN by playing big pairs strong without trying to trap and see a showdown. Everyone keeps saying that you can't win unless you risk your entire stack, and get maximum value on every hand. THAT'S not true, and THAT'S bad strategy. Certainly there will be times when you have no option, and you just hope your hand stands up (Raymer vs Williamson). Other times you have a choice, and it's not the correct play to put your entire stack on the line more then necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than necessary ok. With KK, a STRONG read that your opponent is weak as hell, and an all low card board that confirms your belief that your opponent is weak as hell and I have to wonder why the hell you are still arguing here. How often are you laying down KK here? How often do you get reraise bluffed out of pots you should have won? What the hell is he supposed to do, nut peddle the rest of the tournament until he gets blinded or gets AA with an A on the flop. If you can't play KK this way why when you have a read I don't think you should be playing poker.

By the way the people were all overbetting Williamson not to get her to fold but to get her to call with inferior hands which she had been doing because she thought everyone was bullying her. Your thinking is backwards.

Go reread Cloutier and maybe you will learn something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, okay, you've all convinced me! I'm sorry I was such a fool. Greg made an incredible play with a perfect read. He got all his money in as an 80% favorite. That he lost with his one pair on the river after giving his opponent 5 cards to draw to is just mind blowing. Shocking as a matter of fact. It was really dumb of me to think that Greg couldn't have played as effectively with a $3 million stack as he could've with $4 million. He wouldn't have any chance to win without that additional amount. What was I thinking. You simply have to put your entire tournament life on the line there. Letting that donkey draw to his flush. Letting him see a 5th card there against your mighty KK. I mean you can't lose with Kings or Aces.

I've changed my mind. Thank you ALL for the enlightenment! Seriously, thank you. From now on, I will always play my big pairs weak, and keep the donkey's on the string, so they can see the entire board.

Thanks again.