View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Exact Chip Counts of the Raymer vs. Kanter hand?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. Varkonyi? Correctly played hands? Do these phrases go together? How about blind luck at the most opportune time of his life?

[/ QUOTE ]

He won didn't he? I'll let IndyJoe elaborate. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geesh, my point with Hachem is that you certainly CAN WIN by playing big pairs strong without trying to trap and see a showdown. Everyone keeps saying that you can't win unless you risk your entire stack, and get maximum value on every hand. THAT'S not true, and THAT'S bad strategy. Certainly there will be times when you have no option, and you just hope your hand stands up (Raymer vs Williamson). Other times you have a choice, and it's not the correct play to put your entire stack on the line more then necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it was AK who CALLED GR all in with just a low draw I would say that HE is the one who put his entire stack on the line. GR played to win the tournament. AK played like a donkey but even donkeys get lucky once in a while. It's not bad strategy to let the donkeys think they are horses only to show them they really were asses.