View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: KKF vs Mahatma (aka Arbitrary)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just commenting that every time I see these two, KKF is owning.

[/ QUOTE ]

My response had little to do with KKF or Mahatma. It had more to do with the fact that ascertaining relative skill levels based on a few hands from a single session is ridiculous. Not saying that's what you're doing, but that's the way it seems a lot of people take many of these threads. However, I could show you a set of hands that makes just about every regular player in these games look super-live. In some cases, it's because they are indeed live. In other cases, they just got in some bad spots or made a bad read.

Had you watched me play last week, you would have thought I was the best 25/50 player around, stacking everyone in his path. Had you watched me play this week, you would have seen me get stacked left and right.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for everyone at all stakes. And many times when you fuk up bluffs and go back to look at them, in retrospect your opponent's hand seems transparent. But you feel stupid when you realize this and the table views you as stupid, but everyone is just being results oriented.

I mean, the "you" here prolly refers to me, but i figure it must be true for lots of players.