View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Matt Matros article in Cardplayer about coinflips

[ QUOTE ]
So lets say it’s the same exact situation except you are in the big blind and it’s folded to the small blind who pushes. You see he has JTs. You have 88. you’re edge is now 50.2% and you’re getting better than 50-50 pot odds ---- do you call now? It is EV+ after all.

What’s equity percentage point at which you call vs. fold?

Let's say the 9 other players at your table reveal that they are beginners who won seats in workplace raffles, like the woman from that magazine last year -- does your answer change?

-g

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel like i'm arguing for both sides, i agree about pushing small edges, and i'm not afraid of 'coinflips' (well i guess i am), but i'm folding the 88 here... and i'd probably fold the QQ too.

but like adanthar said, vs AKo i think i'd call. around 55% feels like the turning point for me.

---

If before the tournament started, the tournament director proposed that you flip this coin (literally) if it's heads you start with 20,000, if its tails, you're out. Would you take it?

What matters is your EV at 10k, and your EV at 20k. I don't think it's quite double (atleast for me). If your value goes from 10,000 to 17,500.. then it would be +EV for you starting at a 57% chancec to double up.