View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: -722BBs over ~90k hands(LC)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What limits is this at? Running at -.8 BB/100 over 90k hands means you are probably a loser in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I measured this from the peak of my winnings. I made 678BBs over 20k hands before this happened. So overall i'm at -44BBs or somewhere around there. This is at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it seems that you may be a losing player, or you may not be, but you are almost definetly not a significant winning player. I know there are formulas to see whether you are at least a .6 BB/100 winner or whatever, but you should ask the stat guys for that. You might wanna show your graph of your entire 5/10 play, maybe alongside with the grpah of your 3/6 play. I would imagine you should probably drop down to 3/6 regardless, as you are almost certainly not a good enough winner in 5/10 to overcome the horrendous variance.

Edit: I think too many people are concerned with simply being a winning player, but this is not enough. For example, if you are only a 1 BB/100 winner at 5/10, but a 2 BB/100 winner at 3/6, obviously you should play 3/6 until you get better. While that scenario isn't usually likely, when you start to get close to break even play, a difference of as little as .4 BB/100 better at 3/6 may make that game more EV+.