View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: a little story from work

[ QUOTE ]
i've got a friend named randy that i've known since i was like 12 years old. i got him a job here as a developer. he just sent me an instant message: "aaron has the social iq of a 4-year-old."

aaron is a co-founder of the company, and the lead developer of our project. he sits next to randy in an open area.

only he didn't send the message to me, he sent it to AARON.

so he comes out of a conference room with aaron, sits down, and instant messages me to tell me this. his hands are actually shaking from embarassment, and now both of them are doing the "serious talk" distraction thing with other people. "was that request handler supposed to be instantiated? interesting..."

they might as well talk about how they never noticed that the second hand on their watch was brown or that sort of thing. their thoughts are dominated by what just happened.

i don't know how well this translates in story form, but sitting here right now it is INSANE. this is a real life larry david moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats bad, I had someone in my old group do that to a client. I also worked with the girl from this semi famous misdirected email. It was very funny when we were getting this as a forward and realized we knew who the girl was.