View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 PM

Default BEWARE OF FIREPAY

BEWARE OF FIREPAY----

I used to use Firepay regularly---until they froze my account with $2,300 in it. They claimed there was a chargeback of $500 in my account (from a credit card), which I never did. After numerous phone calls in the first couple of weeks, I found out that Firepay had been recording the 'gambling' transactions as 'foreign currency exchange'.

So while the companies disputed the transactions, Firepay found a neat solution for them---keep my money.

They did unfreeze the $1,800 that clearly was not in dispute from them, and I cashed it out.

They said they would return the $500 if I could prove I didn't do a chargeback. They told me to send then statements fom 3 months back. I did so.

Then they said send statements from 6 months back. I did so.

When I called after that, the person I was dealing with was 'no longer with the company', and I had to start all over.

I offered a three way conference call with my credit card company to verify I had never done a charge back. They refused.

After almost a year, over 75 phone calls, and 5 people who 'no longer worked for the company' (meaning for the 6th time I was starting over) I gave up. The final result---they simply kept $500 of my money to cover their own scam.

I of course, will never use them again, and I suggest anyone who does so do at their own risk, and never keep much money in the account.