View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Black\'s 2 donkey plays

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barch made a great read that he wasn't a coin flip and called with his jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this a great read? You're saying that it's an ok play for the chip leader to CC in that situation with AK/AQ/ and KQ?

I think most would agree that's a bad play with AK/AQ and and iffy play with KQ. Hence, I'm sure Barch thought he
was better than a coin flip to everything except KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a donkey if you re-raise 2 people with KQo/s. Calling behind ON THE BUTTON is the only play I can think of that's +EV.

Also, you need to remember that you're going to lose 1 out of 3 times if Black has only one overcard to your jacks and 1 out of 4 times if he holds a smaller pair (like 88).

I think what you people are not getting is that the difference between 10th and 9th is 400,000$. That's a lot of money considering the difference between 6th and 9th is $500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Ok if you think cc'ing is correct then what if a King or Queen flops and one of your opponents bets big?

2. And the point is at least one person (you) would cc with KQ so it's possible Black has that. But what you seem to be forgetting is that not everybody plays to finish in 9th place. First place is 7.5m and Barch has JJ and chip leader either has KQ or Barch is likely to double up and become chip leader. And you think he has tough call with JJ?

Show me that the EV of Barch calling is a close call.......given the tourney payout and a weighted hand range for Black.