View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Anyone have Exact Chip Counts of the Raymer vs. Kanter hand?

You make some great points. Nice to see there's someone with a brain that's willing to discuss the hand/strategy logically. Instead of the: "Raymer's great, he plays perfectly, how dare you, you're a troll, you suck, etc".

I agree completely with the accumulation theory. You have to take chances, you have to get your money in when you have the best hand, and you're there to win not just survive. However, in my opinion, the accumulation phase was completed at this point. I believe with the blinds and antes that Raymer would've taken at least a 700k pot, and put him a little above 3mill. Raymer had to feel that he could outplay most of the people left. He could easily play smallball here. Matusow made a great point regarding Ivey. He said every time he looked over, Ivey was involved in a big pot. He said he knew that Ivey wouldn't last because of his strategy. It would've been different if Raymer was below average in chips, and needed to double. He didn't. He would've been near the chip leaders with a 700k pot. Survival was more important here, on this hand, then trying to double up.