View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: I will review YOUR hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I be taking up your kind offer, although I'm sorry you're having the downswing blues. Villian is a TAG who is trying hard.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero? and plan for the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

ah the old "make it obvious tiltaholic knows nothing about shorthanded play" game. it's on.

Ok. While you did provide a read, you neglected to mention table conditions and environment, which are important in this 4 handed atmosphere. But we have stuff to work with so lets go.

He's TAG? This probably means he's paying attention. (However, if he has "TAG stats for full ring" in a 4-handed situation, he might be too tight...whatever, you know this)

What sort of hands does a TAG raise in EP but not cap? AJ &amp; KJ &amp; AT seem like likely candidates, maybe even QJs. However so do hands like 77-99, KQ, and AQ. I think if he's a TAG we can rule out AA-TT and AK since he'd cap those for sure.

My gut says I lead the flop. In fact I probably auto-bet without thinking. Reasons to back this up are:
1. he might be a weak tag who will interpret your pf 3-bet to mean a premium hand and he could very well fold.
1a. tags don't like to get 3-bet pf.
2. if he raises the flop, we're getting 10:1 on our 5ish outs to the nuts + our overcard outs.
2a. he likely doesn't raise a "marginal" hand that has us currently beat (like ATo or QJ), giving us time to catch a card if that is the case.

Plan for the hand -- if I read him for having weakish tendacies, I'm leading the turn as well because I think he folds enough to make it profitable and rarely raises the turn. I don't like checking the turn because we're OOP and it invites a bet from him, and I don't think we can call it.

If he raises the flop I don't have a horrendous problem check folding the turn UI if he's a straightforward non-tricky TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice reasoning. I'm happy to sya that on the flop I took your advice. I bet right out, he raised, I called. The flop was the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . There were just over 5BB in the pot.

His stats were TAG for full ring so he was too tight. On an earlier hand a player openlimped on the button I completed with two suited cards and our friend checked. I checked the flop, he bet out, limper folded and I called. I check-raised him on the turn and he folded.