View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Shopping for a new mattress. Recommendations/tips?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear some actual testimonials.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just got a tempur 6 months ago and it is amazing! Never slept on anything but spring-mattresses before and I didn't think it could be all that different. It is! When you are lying there it feels like your in utero again. And if you get the pillows too (granted, they are $150 ea), it is awesome - complete comfort. Just the right amount of support - not too firm, not too soft. And yes, they are pricy - but they have a 20-yr guarantee. I don't think you would get half that much life out of a regular mattress. I can't recommend it enough!

[/ QUOTE ]
Shop around for a good deal on pillows. Tempurpedic doesn't seem to allow retailers to change the price of the bed, but they're allowed to offer you "special" deals. We got two pillows and a mattress cover (same cream-colored one you'll see in all of the stores) for free. We found some out-of-state place that was willing to give us that offer, and the local place matched it.

I'm not sure, but I think normal mattresses last something like 5 years, so a 20 yr. warranty is pretty good.

ObTestimonial: we had a nice Sealy Posturepedic mattress, but my wife was finding it harder and harder to sleep on it. She wasn't getting much more than 3-5 hrs. of sleep per night. Since we got the Tempurpedic, we've both been super well rested. It's fantastic.

If you're going to get one, go to the store and try out the various models. Some are firmer, etc. We actually found that we liked the 8" (classic) mattress the best .. it's a little firmer than the others. Added bonus: it's the cheapest.

We also tried out a lot of non-Tempurpedic memory foam mattresse. We ended up liking the Tempurpedic the best. The others are worth trying out, though, just in case you like them .. they're often *way* cheaper.