Thread: Stupid Bellagio
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Stupid Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
1. Their daisy-chained triple+ must-move game system sucks majorly, particularly for 2-5 no limit. What every happend to "must move for the first hour?" I tell you what, that final game in the chain almost always SUCKS and I've never stayed in it for more than about 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pile on this one whenever I can (even at the risk of repeating myself, which in fact I am).

Chained must moves are a filtration system designed to remove all the fun and gamble from a game. The action player's second move is often out the door, leaving a main game full of stuck, joyless nits.

A few years ago the Bike was often getting three to five 20/40 stud/8 games. My Hero/GF was a semi-regular. Then management implemented a chained must move, probably to mollify a complaint from a daytime nit. Hero/GF, an action player with a great personality and manners (I'm really not sucking up here - Andy Fox, Clarkmeister and Dynasty among others would probably agree [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), comes in to play. She's moved once no problem, she understood the idea of a must move. Now she's in a game she likes. She was asked to move again. She sees the next game in the chain and decided to leave for the night. Later she asked me about the policy. I explained my personal dislike of the policy and told her that upper management said it wouldn't be changed. She rarely played 20/40 stud/8 at the Bike again.

The Bike now has two to three 20/40 stud/8 games.

~ Rick