View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: How to beat a player who seems lucky....

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I absolutely won't play a hand if he's in it. He's just the one player that I won't try anything tricky with. I never EVER try to bluff him because it's totally pointless.

The only move I know to make on him is to move all-in if it's a rainbow flop and I'm pretty sure I have the best hand at the time. Most of the time when I do this he'll fold because he still needs two cards to make his draw. He will usually show me his cards and say if he only needed one more he would call in a heartbeat. Although I've lost count of how many times I've seen him risk all of his money to catch runner-runner or a gutshot. When it looks like he only needs one card to make his draw I still bet heavy, the size of the pot or more, but I don't risk moving all-in.

I'm not sure what proof I can give you he always wins. I only know that I've never seen him leave with less money than he started with. Now there have been nights where he only made a small profit. But I know when his name is mentioned everyone just groans. Also, we usually have a permanent dealer.... About 90% of the time.

As for my own play... I'm not too worried with my cash game play. I'm not perfect by any means and I'm always looking to learn more and improve my game. What I try to do most of all is get good reads on the other players and base my moves on those reads and my position. And several of the people I play with on a regular basis have paid me the highest compliment I can think of... That is they've told me several times that they just can't get a read on me. My actions are the same if I have the nuts or if I'm bluffing. If I could just get that to carry over to my tournament play I'd be doing alright.