Thread: Notes
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Notes

I take notes on every preflop I've seen a player do, the cards, the amount, the position, c-bet on hit and miss, 2nd barrels. I note if a player overbets on a bluff or with the nuts, if he calls with TPMK, MP. I note if he can be made to lay down a good-sized pot on river, if he bets on draws, calls on draws w/o odds, if he tends to play sc, if he will fold immediately to aggression, if he's passively persistent or reply with more aggression. I write if a player will tilt after a large loss, if he likes to push preflop with a small stack and marginal hands. I note if he multitables and if he tends to slowplay/trap and if he's generally perceptive in identifying and exploiting the fish. I will also note if some players have seen me bluff and I've understood that they're starting to see me and play me as a bluffer.

Lately I've started writing not only what he does, but how I should play him. On my humble levels it's most often "valuebet him big/small", "don't bluff" (They often go together...) "beware - tricky" or "respect him".

Combining PT with my notes is very helpful to quickly gauge player styles and tendencies and to play accordingly.

Unfortuntely, I've noted recently that some, to me well-known, opponents have started to leave the table fairly quickly after I sit down. I take it as a sign that I'm doing something right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]