View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Black\'s 2 donkey plays

That was one heck of a move in. I really liked it. He put Barch to a monster test with just two jacks. Even if he thought black didn't have much he could have had a hand like KQ and he'd be racing with a lot on the line. He wasn't at risk of going out even if he folded so it was a heck of a call even though I think he had to since the way that was played he had to have had the best hand. He also knew that even if he got called he had a decent shot of winning the hand.

Would you call with JJ in that spot risking your whole tourney life when you're not a short stack against what is probably at best a flip? With a $400,000 difference in payout on the line?

That definitely was not a donkey play. It was a professional move and one that people playing to win make.

The other one--maybe black did know he had ivey beat. Ever thought of that? He had to know Ivey was capable of reraising him with not much so maybe he read him right. I'm sure somebody has read Ivey right on a hand in his lifetime before...

They were two great plays and even though one didn't work that was why he made the final table. You can't make it there without playing great and making people lay down hands when there's a lot of chips in the pot.