Thread: Turn betting
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Turn betting

15/30 at bellagio

table precieves me and bakkubakku and GoT as gambling asians when that was probably our true image before, but we have been playing reasonably since then and are definitely playing seriously.

bakkubakku openraises in the hijack. i 3-bet in the co with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. a decent player (probably the 4th best player at the table behind bakkubakku, myself and GoT) 4-bets from the SB. bb gets out of the way. bakkubakku calls. I call.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets. bakkubakku raises. i 3-bet. SB 4-bets. bakkubakku calls. I 5-bet cap and they call. at this point i'm pretty sure i am up against a couple of overpairs and i am capping for value.

only two hands i do not want to be up against and that is KK and TT. TT is not likely because SB does NOT 4-bet TT out of the blinds. and bakkubakku would have 5-bet cap preflop with KK and probably 5-bet the flop with that too, as well as TT, unless he was going to wait till the turn to pop. i am assuming he has QQ or JJ at this point and the SB has AA-JJ too.

Turn is a complete blank. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and its checked to me.

On purely EV terms this is an easy check.

In the perfect scenerio I am up against AA and QQ with no hearts in their hands which puts my equity in this spot at exactly .333. so if i bet this turn it is exactly a zero-EV decision.

if you knew their hands to be exactly A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and/or Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would you bet this turn and why?

also, assuming that i knew that 5 betting the flop would have the turn checked to me, is 5 betting the flop even worth it?