Thread: let me know
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: let me know

I'd raise on the flop to see where I stood about 3x his bet. If he quickly goes all in, I reevaluate the situation, and ask myself how likely I am beaten here (5 probable hands, 89s, TJ, and JA, along with possible sets, while I probably wouldn't be ahead of much else that would call here (QK perhaps, maybe AT if hes a loose caller) and could take it from there.

IMO, if I got a good position, I am going to take advantage of it. The times that people fold a better or tied hand when I do this is much better for me than the times that I call someone down every street holding a hand that was beaten from the start.

Plus, raising there spends about the same amount that you called down with the whole way, and gets me information right there, if I am behind, I don't lose any more, if I am ahead, they either fold or I get more out of them.

Only when I am brutally behind and they slow play and let me bet out do I lose alot (my biggest weakness by being aggressive, letting someone let me bet off my whole stack with a good second best hand), but I think I win more than I lose by doing this.