View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Maximum extraction in huge pot

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn you make the nuts and get bet and raised into after your flop action. Here you MUST come alive and 3-bet that [censored], unless, of course, you hate money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I was actually intending on check raising here but as you said, I didn't want to scare away customers - looking at it again, the extra bets would have made up for the players who may have folded. Would you lead out here or check raise knowing that it will be at least raised if not re-raised by the time it gets back to you.

[ QUOTE ]
Enough with being fancy, bet your hand to make sure you get some more bets in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is slow playing monster hands has worked so well over the last couple of months that I use it too often - seems pretty clear now that I could have capped it and had at least 2 callers the whole way.

This hand didn't feel right which is why I posted it. I'm normally aggressive and at lower limits I would have bet this hard but at 5/10 I'm finding people do not stick around in pots they shouldn't be in (i.e. playing properly). That has lead to increased fancy play syndrome which is bad.

[ QUOTE ]

I count 7BB you missed by the time the river card hit!!!! By trying to kepp UTG+2 in you gave away wayyyy too many bets by not making MP2 or CO cap the turn after your 3-bet. Even if you are sure that UTG+2 would fold for 3-bets cold you still need to 3-bet since you may lose 2 bets from UTG+2 by 3-betting, but you will gain 4 if either MP2 or CO caps on the turn. Then you know that you will more than make up for folding UTG+2 on the river unless both your remaining opponents have weak aces and freeze up when the flush card falls. It's a risk you have to take.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was well thought out and after reading it it became pretty clear that this was the best approach.

[ QUOTE ]

This is silly. If UTG+2 will call 2 cold, then he'll call 3. And you want to give both MP2 and CO and chance to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point he hadn't called anything - he checked and way more often than not he'd be folding this with even 2 bets. It turns out that he did call 2 cold but I didn't know that at the time and calling 3 cold is a hell of a lot more difficult than calling 2 cold especially when it would be close to guaranteed that it would be capped. That was my reasoning and I think I am correct that he would have folded with 3 bets almost every time, but, I don't think that even mattered - I still should have raised.

Thanks for the constructive comments and cool pictures,

rvg