Thread: I'm very sorry
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to make me dig up an example of Mason doing same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Digging up things Mason has said is a waste of time. He is the owner, and he says what he wants. If you don't like things Mason, Mat, I, or moderators say or do, you really have three options:

1. Put up with it, and accept that good things often have flaws.

2. Write a constructive criticism. Don't use inflamatory terms or resort to namecalling. Instead, enumerate your gripe and offer positive suggestions about ways to remedy the situation.

3. Stop participating. You can say something nasty on your way out if you want to, but that will lose you some respect with at least a few people. (Though apparently it will gain you respect with a different group, so eh.)

I fully understand that some people aren't going to like Mason. He may make you mad, outraged, pissed off, or any number of other things. But Mason calls the shots around here, and that's not going to change, no matter how many old posts you dig up. So, at that point, you're really back to your three options.

[/ QUOTE ]
here's the original post that got deleted:

"Subject: 2005 WSOP TOC

Anyone who thinks this is a "freeroll" (and therefore they didn't do anything wrong) is a sucker.

Anyone who thinks this isn't worthy of comment because the amount of stolen equity isn't enormous is the aforereferenced "whore negotiating price."

I haven't followed 2+2 as regularly as I might. When did every thread in this forum become a deletion/banning dick swinging contest? This site has the most brain damaged interface I've ever seen; instead of actually removing a deleted post they leave up a placeholder that says "post deleted" with the obvious result that every thread is hijacked by pointless metadiscussion. And this fellow dynasty pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the people he's banned.

Whoever's idea this was, you might want to reconsider your implementation. Or is this post going to disappear too? I have no idea, but my first deleted post will be my last."

honestly, in your assessment, in any fair and objective assessment, was that post "derogatory"? was it necessary to delete it? was it offensive to the point that he be required either to apologize or be banned?

i understand what you're saying about who calls the shots around here. i understand you're not in a position to criticize the owners of this site. but that certainly shouldn't stop any of us from answering honestly that the answers to the questions above are no, no, and no.