View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Aces not getting action

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I have a question about Aces. I currently play 1/2nl at bodog and I feel like I'm not playing my aces to its potential. Whenever I get aces, I make my standard play and raise 4xBB or more depending on how many limpers there are in front of me. And of course, if there's a raise in front of me, I reraise about 3x. What usually (almost always ~85%) happens when I raise/reraise is everyone folds. I'm wondering if reducing the size of my raises is a profitable play at these tables where by doing so, I can get one guy to bite. Is this a bad idea? Should I stick to my usual raises?

I thought about maybe limping in EP hoping for a raise that I can reraise. But maybe bodog tables are a bit too passive for this play? Also, I was thinking, if I was faced with a raise and in LP, is it better to just call in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you should just begin to play some other hands preflop the way you play AA. You can play KK, AKs, and AKo the same way. Also, add QQ and possibly JJ to this mix, depending how comfortable you are postflop with laying down overpairs at the right times.

The key is not to change the way you play AA, but to get more value from the respect your preflop raises are getting from opponents. When opponents start catching on, then you can tighten up again if you like.