View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Maximum extraction in huge pot

This is terrible, passive, dont want to lose any customers play. You need to raise the flop, the turn and go as many bets as possible on each street.

On the flop you must raise because there is an overwhelming chance your hand is best and you must charge the flush draws to come along, whoever has it.

On the turn you make the nuts and get bet and raised into after your flop action. Here you MUST come alive and 3-bet that [censored], unless, of course, you hate money.

With your line I donk the river and hope that its comes back to you capped. Enough with being fancy, bet your hand to make sure you get some more bets in the middle.

I count 7BB you missed by the time the river card hit!!!! By trying to kepp UTG+2 in you gave away wayyyy too many bets by not making MP2 or CO cap the turn after your 3-bet. Even if you are sure that UTG+2 would fold for 3-bets cold you still need to 3-bet since you may lose 2 bets from UTG+2 by 3-betting, but you will gain 4 if either MP2 or CO caps on the turn. Then you know that you will more than make up for folding UTG+2 on the river unless both your remaining opponents have weak aces and freeze up when the flush card falls. It's a risk you have to take.

Besides, I'm sure UTG+2 would have called 3 cold anyway.