View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Limit Raising Question Ruling

Playing in the $4/$8 with usually $2 chips. ANyway due to frequent rebuys by player A he is holding quite a few $5 chips. On the turn player A Bets couple of callers Player B Raises Player A then places 4 $5 chips in and says raise a split second after he places the chips in. Dealer then informs him that it is a call because he is short $4. Player A realises then goes to put out an extra chip and the dealer says he can't do that because he has already called. Of course the whole table kicks up a fuss as his obvious intension was to raise. But the dealer maintains that one chip over means a call. I say to him is that your rule or the cardroom. Of course the dealer gets all upset because everyone is yelling at him and he says to me "nah I just made it up." I of course shut my mouth wait till after the hand and then politely say to him that I didn't mean to be rude I just wanted to be sure of the rule for future reference as I understood it was the half bet rule. He explains that the amount of the bet doesn't matter and that one chip over means a call.

Is this a weird ruling and should I of just shut my mouth?

The good news was that everyone at the table was getting angry at the dealer not each other so the game remained friendly. It probably helped that this was the dealers last hand.

Cheers
Liam