View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Any eight will win!

[ QUOTE ]
Since everyone seems to think that this is how the rule applies I'll concede the point. However I'd like to offer a few examples I've seen where it's the same situation where a player has commented on the hand before the pot is awarded and get your take on them. I'm not trying to argue or flame I've just never seen a floor called in this situation.

Example 1: NL Tournament 2 players all-in pre-flop, flop comes 332 and old guy to my right says, "damn I folded 2-3"

Example 2: 3-6 limit 3 players active on the river 4 hearts players show 2-pair, a set, and a straight. A lady says, "wow I can't believe no one had the flush".

Example 3: 4-8 limit 2 players active river is seven. Winner shows top two pair and player says, "nice raise on the turn I folded pocket 7's".

[/ QUOTE ]

Example 1: moot point in a tournament hands must be turned face up on the table once a player is all-in in a heads up pot. Cards are tabled, cards speak.

Example 2: Again moot point since from your description all three players have tabled their hands so all three hands would be live, and cards speak.

Example 3: Again has nothing to do with what we are discussing but an inactive player no longer in a pot should not reveal information about their hand. Player should be warned not to do this and action taken if he continues to do so.

You have chosen three examples here that have zero relevance to what we are discussing. Try giving an example where there is a hand that has been shown at showdown and there is an additional live hand that has not been tabled. That is the key, here there is a player with a live hand at showdown who has yet to act. Mucking is an action.