View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 30/60 with some CDC sweat

[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 30/60 10 handed
CDC sweat me on this hand and we discussed the river a bit. What say you? the lady to my left is an uber-fish. She CC'ed me earler with T2s and peeled the flop with nothing. I have seen her CC with all kinds of junk, but I have not seen her 3-bet pf often (or at all for that matter).

I open in EP with KQs, lady 3-bets next in. Dude right after her CC's 3-bets (I know nothing about him). Blinds disappear and we go flopping 3 ways.

Flop:Q84r
I check, fish bets, dude calls, I call.

Turn: 2 of no-flushy
I check, she bets, dude calls, I call.

River: 3
I.........

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldve bet into her on the flop, hoping she raises to get the other guy out, and hoping to god she is capable of raising a hand on that flop that I can still beat. Once it gets heads ups, I think its best to go into call down mode. The pot is already a decent size, I think it is very important to try to make this a 2 player contest before you go into passive mode, betting the flop is the best way to accomplish this. As far as the river play, if you know she or the other player will never raise the river with a hand youre ahead of, then betting the river is better than checking and calling, especially when you consider the fact that the fish will still call the river with AK if you bet but they probably wont bet it. If you dont have that strong of a read on your opponents river play then check and call is ok.