View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Callin all in with 99?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, you're getting 1.66 to 1 odds. You need 37.5% equity to break even here. If you put him on AK, QQ-TT you have 35% equity. Add in AA-KK and you're down to 31% equity. Even adding in AQ just gives you 37% equity. Any way you look at this it seems like it should be a fold unless he's a very aggressive player (and you don't have that type of read on him). I think a reasonable range here is AK, QQ-TT with some possibility of AA, KK, and 99/88 (fairly unlikely). Against that range, TT has 41% equity which I think is marginally enough to make the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

end of thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost. You have to keep AA/KK in his range. Most people don't smooth call AA/KK there, and given that they raise, and any raise is committing, they just move in and hope to look a little suspicious. Very very few people will make that smooth call, probably because it's not a good idea.

Everett

PS 40% equity, 37.5% equity, either way you're really stretching to make this a skimpily +cev call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I not specifically say that I was adding SOME possibility of AA/KK? I'm not 100% certain that they would push pre-flop with those hands, but it's certainly a possibility which is why they were partially included in my analysis.