View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Alter your play for donks - early game?

If I were you I'd probably just let it go. You aren't winning this one. The dissenters are doing so based on solid SNG theory that many have used to make pretty good money. It's true that there are different interpretations, but raising trash from EP without some serious metagame reasons will not go over well.

These people use theory and can back it up with results. You've made few arguments that back up your arguments, and those that have involve assumptions that range from gross oversimplification to wrong:
[ QUOTE ]
If flop is good for me, I make 800, since AA or KK usually give up all their chips. If it's bad I lose 100 4 times (since I'm not committing anymore than 100). Plus, often, a bluff works when scare card comes since I was EP raiser (this is assuming I wasn't reraised pf).

[/ QUOTE ]
First, I mentioned why this "win 800 once and lose 100 4 times" argument is wrong earlier in the thread. Second, you're comparing it to AA and KK then assuming you weren't reraised preflop but he'll fold if some scare cards come. Then you can get away from it for nothing more than 100 but you'll sometimes bluff at it when you'll frequently be OOP. I could keep going with these but I'll stop here.

I don't mean this to be overly harsh, and I certainly can't stop you from doing this (many actually hope you continue to do so), but when you're going against tried and true theory you should have something to back it up and, when people make logical arguments refuting it, shouldn't take the
[ QUOTE ]
I'll do what I do and continue to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]
stance and expect people not to flame. We're all here to become better players, so make your stance and, if people go against it, think about what they said and respond to their concerns.

Best of luck finding the best way for you.

-SonnyJay