Thread: A shania post
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: A shania post

Personally I think a much better idea that Izmet Fekali talked about a long time ago is raising crap like A-3(s) and K5(s) or q8 (s) in position. He was talking about it in context of a loose game and I think 4 or more limpers and showed through Turbo simulations that it would actually be profitable, but if you knock down the number of limpers and make it a tougher game I'm sure it would become immediately unprofitable. But at least we would be starting from some sort of base. You give up less this way than raising 3-7 UTG so you can employ it more and get your point across rather than raising once every 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and in reallity someone raising k-4(s) after a few limpers is going to get pretty similar notes made as a dude raising pure crap up front. They both are obvious blunders but since ours cost us less we can advertise it more. Plus in position you have a lot better chance of showing the hand down at a cheaper cost which really is the metagame point.