Thread: How to play 88?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: How to play 88?

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. The size of your turn raise makes my brain bleed. Raising the river is fine if you're calling the push but against someone who hasn't gotten out of line, I see no value in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought villain was perfectly capable of check raising if he had AA or KK. However, a bet there will fold most overs, so it is a valid point. Okay, so my raise was weak, no counter argument there. On the river, (see my response to TWP), I was trying to advertise I have an ace and he should call to split. Interpreting his raise is what I find to be the most interesting part of this hand. If I am ahead on the turn, then I am still ahead on the river, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you misused the term "donk bet" earlier (its usually one word, i.e. "donkbet", too). Explaining stuff on this board is hard enough when people use the uber1337 2+2 terminology correctly; let alone when they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit! Is Uberdonk one word or two? I am thinking of requesting this as my title and want to make sure it is phonetically correct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]