View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Okay, I really have to know.

Nice post. Pretty much sums up my sentiments exactly.

I had some lengthy arguments on this with a feminist on another forum, and in the end we each conceded a key point to the other. I conceded that men are largely responsible for letting the situation get out of hand because of the way they used to ridicule women for their lack of rationality and the unimportance of what they do compared to what men do. Men made the cardinal mistake of not respecting women for their feminine qualities enough and that got the women angry and so they started to grow penises. The rest is history.

The feminist conceded that they've got what they wanted and more and still don't seem to be satisfied.

I see feminism as being the key reason for the low savings rate and high debt rate, which could prove to be the eventual downfall of the economy. I've found that uncontrolled spending and borrowing tend to happen when women are in charge of the finances.

What can men do about it? As fathers I think it's important to explain to our sons that T+A is good for a while when you're young, but after that the traditional qualities are what makes a good wife and leads to a happy family. Of course we need to set an example for that lifestyle ourselves.

As to why women think men are "afraid" or "intimidated", I think they simply need an explanation for why so many men will gladly have sex with them, but so few will stay with them in a long-term relationship. Like with everything else, they say the first thing that feels good and comes to their mind and when there is no resistance (because men can't be bothered explaining it all...I mean what's the point if you're gonna leave the b*tch anyway, right?), they just assume they're right. Psychologically it's a lot easier than being self-critical.